Chickpeas sundal, White Chana Sundal for ganesh chathurthi, Spiced Chickpeas with coconut Recipe
White chickpeas – ½ cup (125 gms) (soaked)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Fresh Coconut – 2 to 3 tbsp
Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
Urad Oil – ½ tsp
Asafoetida – ½ pinch
Green chili – 2 (chopped)
Salt – more than ½ tsp
Curry leaves – 10 to 12
How to make the chana sundal
1. Take ½ cup of the white chickpeas, soak and boil them.
2. Boil it in the pressure cooker and add salt in it.
3. Cook them until the first whistle arrive
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes after the first whistle.
5. Remove them from the extra water by straining them.
6. Preheat the oil and roast ¼ tsp of the black mustard seeds, ¼ tsp of the cumin seeds.
7. Roast the ½ tsp of the urad dal and roast it until it is brown.
8. Roast the 2 chopped green chilies and ½ pinch of the asafoetida.
9. Add 10-12 of the curry leaves and again roast them.
10. Add the boiled chickpeas in it, stir and cook them for the 1-2 minutes.
11. Add ½ tbsp of the grated fresh coconut and mix them properly.
The tasty chana sundals are ready to be served. Serve them in bowl and satisfy your taste buds.
Subscribe for more recipes –
For the Best recipes on YouTube, log onto –
Find us on Facebook at –
Visit my Hindi Website